I love cranberry orange muffins. (Well, honestly, I’m up for anything cranberry orange flavored.) Not long ago, I bought this Betty Crocker Limited Edition Orange Sherbet Cupcake Mix. I wasn’t quite sure what I would do with it, but it seemed like it was a fun flavor for a cooking project with the kiddo.
While preparing for the holidays, I saw this cake mix sitting in the pantry and pulled it out. I wanted to add something lighter to the dessert menu, so I decided to make cranberry orange cake mix cookies with it and they turned out fabulous! Honestly, it might be one of my favorites now. The trick is to dice up the cranberries with a food processor. Don’t leave them whole or it changes the entire texture and flavor of the cookie.
If you’ve never made cake mix cookies, you definitely should try it. They are super easy and the texture is a little different from regular cookies, so it can give a boost to some of the classics.
These cake mix cookies are great for holidays or all year!
Also on Cookie Bakes : Chocolate Kiss Cake Mix Cookies
Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- 1 box Orange Sherbet Cupcake Mix (or any orange cake mix)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- ½ Cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor, chop cranberries into small pieces. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs and cranberries in a bowl. Mix well until the "dough" forms into a ball.
- Top a cookie sheet with a non-stick baking mat. Spoon dough onto mat, about 1 inch balls each.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or just until cookies are done.
- After baking, let the cookies stand on sheet for two minutes.Then, place (unwrapped) chocolate kisses on the top of each cookie and press down lightly.
- Cool completely on cooling racks.
affiliate links are used in this post