These chocolate cookies came about in the best way possible — by accident! I was looking through my pantry for something sweet to make, but I wasn’t in the mood to put in a lot of time and effort. I
grabbed a box of chocolate cake mix from the pantry and adapted it for cookies. So, don’t throw out those cake mixes that are getting ready to expire — just make cookies with them! (And, the don’t have to be just chocolate, any flavor of cake mix will work!)
My little chef (daughter) suggested that we top these chocolate cookies with a Kiss, which made these cake mix cookies full of gooey, chocolatey goodness. (And, they’re really pretty for gift-giving, too!)
TIP: Be sure to use a non-stick baking mats so that you don’t have issues with these dense cookies sticking to the pan!
Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix of Choice (we used Chocolate Fudge)
- ½ Cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Powdered Sugar
- Hershey's Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs in a bowl and mix well until the "dough" forms into a ball.
- With your hands, make dough into small balls, about 1 inch.
- Roll dough balls in powered sugar and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- After baking, let the cookies stand on sheet for two minutes.Then, place (unwrapped) chocolate kisses on the top of each cookie and press down lightly.
- Cool completely on cooling racks.
You Might Also Like: Chocolate Cookbooks
affiliate links are used in this post