A chocolate chip cookie recipe. Who can get excited about that, right? I mean … so basic.
The best chocolate chip cookies are crisp (but not too crisp) on the outside, but still gooey, yummy-soft on the inside. (If we can’t agree on this then we probably can’t be friends any longer…)
Also, one of the tricks to a great cookie is to use a good cookie sheet. (Girrrrrl, get rid of those grease-stained pans where everything keeps sticking.) I also swear by these baking mats to keep everything from sticking. And then, use a cooling rack so that everything cools evenly.
Anyway, this is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe, like, ever. You won’t be sorry.
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the hot water and baking soda until the baking soda is dissolved.
- Add baking soda water and salt to the batter.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips (and nuts, if wanted).
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie pans.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are browned.
affiliate links are used in this post